So, looking back at 2012, I can honestly say my best moment was publishing Everything's Cool. I promised myself at the beginning of the year that I'd be published and, by hook or by crook, I was damn it!
There were certainly some horrible moments in 2012, but I'm not going to go through those here. Suffice to say, 2012 was a mostly pants year.
But, there were great films:
1. The Raid
2. Avengers Assemble
3. Moonrise Kingdom
5. Life of Pi
And some great albums:
1. The Menzingers 'On the Impossible Past'
2. The Deftones 'Koi No Yokan'
3. Sonic Boom Six 'Sonic Boom Six'
4. The King Blues 'Long Live the Struggle'
5. Candy Hearts 'The Best Ways to Disappear' (yeah, it's an EP, but I sort of love it a little)
6. Lower than Atlantis 'Changing Tune'
And of course, some great books! Including David Wong's John Dies at the End, Tracey Sinclair's Dark Dates, Al Anderson's Bounty and Ian Esselmont's Malazan books. Plus, of course, Everything's Cool...
And now it's all in the past and we move on with our lives, looking to the future with quite unjustifiable hopes that 2013 will be better (and in some cases, could it be much worse?!)
Of course, part of that means resolutions. So, here they are, in black and white:
1) Cut waaaay down on sugar. Like a lot
2) Stop that drinking thing I seem to have lapsed back in to recently
3) Continue to get fit
4) Finish my next book
I figure if I can keep to these four, then I can make the fifth and most important resolution easier to stick to...
5) Be happy
So, here's looking to 2013, with my hope that the year that will be better for everyone, regardless of how good 2012 was for you. And here's to those resolutions that we all make, and to keeping them. Particularly that last one.